If you have been waiting for a way to have more authentic, organic interaction with your clients, you can easily reach out to them through Client DMs. Let clients know that you are thinking about them or touch base on a prior question you’d like to follow up on.
Client DMs give you a chance to reach out to former clients to try and stimulate more orders. Also, to “convert” a client who hasn’t ordered in some time to a client who orders again.
Whether the client you DM orders directly from you, or simply returns to the app and orders with another advisor, this benefits you in search, rank and page placement. So it is an all around “win-win!”
Here is what you need to know about using the new Client DM feature:
For former client DMs:
To promote re-engagement, we allow you to send a DM to:
- Clients who have not engaged with Purple Garden in the last 14 days.
- Clients who have left you a positive review in the past.
We’ll show you a list of these clients, along with a review of your recent engagement with them, for context. Using this information, you’ll be able to send them a personal DM. You’ll be able to message as many clients from this list as you wish, one at a time. Your message will have a direct link to your Advisor page, so they can reach out immediately.
It is important to know that we will monitor your messages, both to and from these clients. If we find something in these messages which violate our Advisor Guidelines or Terms of Service, you will lose all future access to this tool. Examples of what are not allowed include selling of rituals, spells, cleanses, candles or crystals; foul or sexually explicit language, sharing any offsite links, sites, videos, social media or contact details, or asking for personally identifying information.
For NEW client DMs:
Additionally, you will be able to create follow-up DMs to new clients who made their FIRST order on Purple Garden with you.
Once your live session with your client ends, you’ll be presented with a new screen, prompting you to write a follow-up DM message to that client. This message will be sent as a DM 48 hours after the live session has ended. The message will be stored in the client’s inbox as well as in your DMs history.
This message will be automatically sent when chances of this client re-engaging with you are highest.
You will see this option after the payout summary screen, like so:
While you are creating a new Client DM, you will continue to appear “busy” until you’ve submitted it. So, you will not get a new call until you’ve finished.
If you are concerned about clients being “spammed” by DMs, don’t be. If, during the 48 hour period while your DM is pending, the client places another order (with any advisor), the DM will not be sent. Just like you, we do not want DMs to be overwhelming to clients.
We’ve studied how clients respond to DMs, and we have developed some tips on how to write them in a way that clients are most likely to respond:
- Be personal: Always use the first name of the client, and mention the name of any persons of interest that they have asked about.
- Do not send “copy and paste” DMs, which have the same words, to multiple clients.
- Don't just give your availability, or sound like a salesperson. Make a true connection. Those really pay off!
- Review previous readings with the client you are about to contact. This is the best way to have context of you and your client's relationship.
- Make that salutation really stand out! Say, "Hi" and tell your clients exactly who you are...greet them like you would a good friend!
- The more detailed you make your DM, the better. This helps the client realize how invested you are in them!
- You may not hear from a client right away. In fact, it might take more than one DM to catch a client's eye.
- Even if your DM doesn’t result in an order with you, if it makes the client interested in the app again, and they place an order with anyone, it still benefits you as a conversion.
Whether you are “checking up” on a regular or first time client (“I was thinking about you recently and your questions about your husband, Jack. How have you been?”); letting clients know you have lowered your prices, are participating in a sale, or are running a special on your rates; or even wishing a client well, sending birthday or holiday greetings; Client DMs are a boon to growing and maintaining our client community as well as forging bonds with clients that lead to repeat business.
As always, Support is here to help you. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.